Joe, why not shoot raw and defer that decision to post where you can
always adjust per the subject matter and change your mind later if you
reconsider?

Not meaning to reopen the raw vs jpeg debate, but it's this kind of
question that made me a raw adherent. But perhaps your circumstances
make raw too much of a burden; if so, ignore this suggestion.

--
-bmw