On 12/19/2013 3:05 PM, Igor Roshchin wrote:

Thu Dec 19 14:48:47 EST 2013
Jack Davis wrote:

I, of course, don't know know where it was shot or what difference it
would make, but could the "17" by kilometers?

Jack

Jack,

  17 km =~ 10.5 miles
(16 km would've beem closer to 10 miles)

17 miles =~ 23 km.

So, neither would make a "round number".

Indeed, as Godfrey and Larry wrote, it is done for attracting attention
at a spot where it is required.

Thu Dec 19 14:40:55 EST 2013