Excellent choice Stan.

I'm still happy with my used 2011 MBP 15 inch (matt screen) Unibody. I
got it used in mint cond 4 months ago. 2.53 Ghz with 8GB ram, into which
I installed a 250 GB SSD HD - it runs so fast and effortlessly.
Definitely the best Mac I've ever had in terms of speed, build quality
and general usability. I edit Sd and HD video on it regularly and it
swallows everything up I can throw at it. Goes everywhere with me in a
Marmot messenger bag with Lowepro deluxe padded strap. I'm a bit of
portable computing geek - ever since I read a book called 'On The Road'
by Michael Prochak back in the mid-1990s. ISBN 0-201-59396-1. If you
want a trip down memory lane with a heady mix of Apple PowerBooks and
Jack Kerouac, it's a must read!

The only thing it hasn't won the Gold Star for from me is the keyboard -
that accolade still rests with the best keyboard in a Mac portable that
i have ever used: a PowerBook 1400 (still sitting in the attic, can't
bear to part with it!)

--

Cheers,
  Cotty