on 2013-12-23 15:19 Larry Colen wrote
On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 05:14:05PM -0500, Stan Halpin wrote:

I do intend to move to a Thunderbolt-connected enclosure for the SSD if/when I
can find one. Still looking...

If you find one, please let us know.  I was looking for
t-bolt enclosures and they all seem to be subject to the
apple tax.

cheapest way to get a "Thunderbolt drive" is not an actual enclosure, but an "adapter" from Seagate which happens to provide a bare SATA connector:

<http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Portable-Thunderbolt-Adapter-STAE128/dp/B009HQCARY>

you'll see from the reviews that people are using it with SSDs; i have not seen a benchmark, nor do i know whether it supports SATA-3 speeds