Nice shots all around. I think the last two are white crowned sparrows.

Mark

On 12/21/2013 6:23 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 05:12:35PM -0500, Ken Waller wrote:
BTW, what sort of birds are they?
Chipping Sparrows (spizella passerina)
Thanks, I looked it up...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipping_Sparrow

Someone on facebook said White Crowned Sparrow, which I think migt be it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-crowned_Sparrow

The picture of the first winter juveniles look a lot like the ones with muted
color.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Colen" <l...@red4est.com>
Subject: birding with Tammy

A lot of people took yesterday off at work.  So, these little brown birds
were out in droves foraging in the courtyard.  I don't tend to carry
my bigma in my daily bag, so my longest lens was my 18-250.
These birds weren't much more than 4"/10cm tall, and of course don't
like people getting too close.  As such, I'm rather impressed at
what the K-5 and 18-250 could do:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157638889151025/

For a lens that covers that much range, it performs much better than it
really has any right to.

For people who hate galleries, I think this is the prettiest of the set
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/11483885275/in/set-72157638889151025

BTW, what sort of birds are they?

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com