On Wed, Dec 18, 2013, Mark Roberts wrote:

> Agreed. I occasionally format cards on my computer. Never had an
> issue. Hever heard of anyone else having an issue either.
>
> FUD is the word.

Maybe not.  We rented some m43 equipment a few weeks ago, and the
Panasonic GX7 was being weirdly slow about booting up and shutting down.
Reformatting the SD card in the GX7 made it fast again.  Dunno whether
doing the reformat in the computer would have done the same thing.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/