On Thu, Jan 23, 2014, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> The Olympus OM-D E-M1 is indeed a looker, although some seem to
> prefer the looks of the E-M5 more (it's smaller and has less of a
> grip). Both are excellent cameras. I prefer the larger camera for the
> superb ergonomics it affords, it's improved viewfinder, and many other
> details of its design. Terrific camera indeed.

After renting the E-M5, E-M1, GX7, and GM1 for a week, I think the E-M5
is a piece of shit.  The E-M5 without the half-grip actually is less
comfortable than the tiny GM1.  The other three are good, but the E-M1 is
definitely best.

If you're looking into m43, I highly recommend renting several bodies;
I've owned the Panasonic G3 in the past, and I hated the E-PL5 in less
than five minutes.  Other people have different reactions, so caveat
emptor!

Overall, I think the E-M1 is most likely to feel comfortable to someone
who likes Pentax.  ;-)
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/