On Jan 27, 2014, at 12:42 , steve harley wrote:

> on 2014-01-27 12:20 Mark Roberts wrote
>> I think the text on the barrel was Photoshopped in but I think it's a
>> genuine Pentax product shot done from a pre-production prototype.
>
> i think the whole thing is a fake; every detail of mount surface has
> highlights indicating a light source to the left, but the black body has a
> highlight from a light source to the right; what shows of the bayonet has two
> highlights …
>
> at the lower edge of metal mount surface, there is an area just left of
> center where the bright "metal" is out of round and blurred, making the black
> ring next to the mount surface narrower …
>
> the text curves such that the right side of each line is lower than the left,
> and this is more pronounced on the lower line

It's not only the text, but the piece of material (or PS layer) holding the
text has a different radius than the converter, matching up with the converter
in the center, but almost bisecting the vertical lip of the top at it's end
points.

Definitely not a Pentax product shot, beta or whatever.

Like others have said, I can wait, I can't afford, and I have the Tamron 1.4
and 2.0x converters for PZ-1p, plus the 2.0 A Pentax unit.