Thanks. Actually everything is fine. I've just moved the mail hosting from the
previous provider to  outlook, using my web-options domain, and was just
testing that the transfer worked ok. At one point I thought I'd lost my main
mail address, but that turned out to be ok, just my stupidity.

There was nothing wrong with the previous host, but moving it all onto outlook
gives me a lot of benefits now that I'm using office 365 rather than 2003.