...and this is why the list is no place to discuss politics...

You've gotta know that you're tossing shit at the fan here. No matter whether
what you say is true or not it is provocative and will cause angst among
already emotional readers.

Be ready for angry responses.

Cheers,
frank

On 21 February, 2014 5:38:13 AM EST, "Carlos R." <crls.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Thanks for the interesting and thorough write up about the historical
>background of the place now known as Ukraine, Dan. But I have to say
>that the Economist article you have linked is nothing but their usual
>russophobic stuff. They may pretend to be objective, but they say
>nothing about the evident US and EU meddling in Ukraine, and less still
>
>about those Western Ukrainian "patriots" whose idol is Stepan Bandera,
>the butcher of more than 300.000 Ukrainian Jews and eager nazi
>collaborationist. Those people who were holding night torch marches in
>fascist style a few weeks ago are the ones the EU and the US want to be
>
>in charge of government.  I am sorry for the honest and hopeful
>Ukrainian citizens who think that the UE is a land of honey and milk
>(har!), they have been ruled by one thief after the other in the last
>23
>years and I am afraid it seems it will get even worse in the future.
>
>Carlos

“Analysis kills spontaneity.” -- Henri-Frederic Amiel