I finally had a few minutes to render some of my pool night pics. All were shot
with the K-3 and the DA* 50-135/2.8 at f4 and ISO 12800. I included a couple of
pics that are a bit soft due to motion blur at 1/15th second or thereabouts.
Some of the pics in the extremely deep shadow are a it noisier than the rest
due to trying to pull up some of the shadows and, in some cases, substantial
cropping. Were I to edit this gallery to my taste, half the pics or more would
go, but many of these people are friends, and I made the gallery for them.

Low light performance seems to be comparable to the K-5 but focus in low light
is substantially better. Last year I lost a lot of shots when I couldn’t lock
focus. This year I think it only happened once and that was probably m fault.

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=1066083

Paul