On 3/1/2014 11:19 AM, John wrote:
On 3/1/2014 2:53 AM, J.C. O'Connell wrote:
On 2/28/2014 11:43 PM, Brian Walters wrote:
Quoting "J.C. O'Connell" <hifis...@gate.net>:

does anybody know if the electronic cable release for the istDS can
be used on later model
Pentax DSLRS like K10 k20 k5 k3, etc?

Yes - I use the same cable on DS, K200D and K-5.  I assume the same
one will work on the K-3.

Good.  This means the mechanical to electronic release converter I made
to use with my DS and autobellows
can be used with later model DSLR bodies too.  Its based on the mamiya
rc402 as suggested here.

What's the pinout for the rc402?

Looking at the front the lettering gives me an orientation 'L' at the
top 'O' at the bottom:

http://tinyurl.com/mamiya-rc402

I turn it around so I can see the connection and I have 4 tiny hole to
accept electrical pins. Also there are little metal tabs in the top &
bottom slots. I can't tell if those tabs are electrical connections or
just springs meant to stiffen the plastic tabs.

Like this:

-    Tab      'L'  on top
o    Contact
o    Contact
o    Contact
o    Contact
-    Tab     'O' on the bottom

I looked on line, and I haven't found the information. It might be on
Mamiya's own site, but everything there except for the first page is in
Japanese & I can't read it.

sorry, I dont recall the pinout and I covered the whole thing up with electrical tape to make it mechanically secure. what I do remember is I used only two wires to the "o" contacts, one on the end, and one right next to it. Its easy to "ohm out" by installing
a cable release and putting a ohmmeter across the contact pins in question.

--
J.C. O'Connell
hifis...@gate.net