The time to get them sitting still (around here at least) seems to be early in
the morning. They come out of their nests and perch for a while before flying.
Once in the air they're non-stop.

Works out because the light's best then anyway.

Wish I could get some in-air shots, but with my 200mm, forget about it. I envy
your photos...

Cheers,
frank