I'm sure that Upstate New York has much harsher winters than we do in Toronto.
Buffalo, to the south of us, certainly does, but that's due to lake-effect snow.

Toronto has had increasingly mild winters over the last couple of decades. I
don't think it's global warming I think it's more about being at the edge of
temperate and frigid zones. That interface moves slightly north or south and
our weather changes drastically.

Not many places in Canada other than Vancouver have milder winters than
Southern Ontario.

So this winter hasn't been harsh by Canadian standards but it has by recent
Toronto standards.

This weeks snowfall isn't that unusual for March but it's been relentless since
December and that's unusual.

Anyway, thanks to all for the comments and for looking.

Cheers,
frank