On Mar 16, 2014, at 1:38 pm, Rob Studdert <distudio.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oz rode it out pretty well, but then we have some of the worlds the
> most strictly imposed government banking fiduciary rules and
> regulations too.

Our banks are doing well but that's because the vast majority of them (by size)
are owned by Aussies.  That, and we're selling a cubic snotload of dairy
products to China.

The building industry is booming due to the earthquake recovery.  It's reported
to be boosting the economy but it seems more like a broken window fallacy to
me.  The net effect will be negative as people are not getting fully paid out
by their insurers.  At least your government stood up to them after the QLD
floods.  No such luck here.

Cheers,
Dave