I bought the Sigma 17-70 2.8-4 a week ago when my Sigma 17-50/2.8 was
in for repair, I quite like it. It's pretty sharp, if it's not looking
great consider checking that it's actually focused, it may need some
focus adjustment.

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours