On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 2:05 PM, P.J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Shoot with a manual focus lens, the four way controller
> defaults to its quick menu functions, don't turn the camera off, just change
> lenses to an auto focus lens.  The four way controller returns to it's
> previous setting of controlling the autofocus points.  Turn the camera off
> before changing the lens then turn it back on and it doesn't,  What?  Maybe
> it's just my camera.

That's not something I'd ever notice because I _always_ power off my
camera to change lenses. Without fail. Not a good idea at all to do
that under power.

I expect that wiping live contacts across the lens contacts as the
lens cylinder rotates into lock will cause untold glitches and
ambiguous signals at the very least; possibly dangerous to either the
body or lens electronics.

I know that changing the flash while powered is bad because I blew up
an AF540FGZ that way. $180 to fix that gaff.

And pulling or inserting CF cards under power is likely to damage data.

Anyone else change lenses without powering down the camera?

--
-bmw