Ann,

I hear the voice (or at least an undertone) of a new-yorker!
Living now in the middle or rural Texas, I would be surprised to hear
such a sentiment from anybody who grew up around here.
... And it is hard to avoid seeing many mini-cemeteries of that type
on the farms around.
Recently, I saw a farm with the cars "cremated" right there.

Igor