Larry,

Both messages went through.

Nice catch and nice thingy! :)
You might be curious to see these pages:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphicar
http://www.amphicars.com/acfaq.htm

As for the statement that it can fly, this tin-can also has a couple of
propellers:
http://42graphy.org/science/2013-09-eastmag/views/_IR09662.html
(S-56, made in 1939, http://goo.gl/DVoZrP )

Cheers,

Igor

On 8/3/2014 2:06 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

    (This is a resend.  I'm trying out a new mail client and it seems
flakey
    on sending emails. So I'm resending from my shell account. )

    It does have a propeller, two of them as a matter of fact:

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/14626652410/in/set-72157646078554166

    Shared more for the cool subject matter than photographic
excellence. I don't
    think I'd ever seen one in person before.  The rest of the set
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157646078554166/