I thought I would just pass this along, in case anyone does not know about it.
http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

This is free screen capture software that I find indespensible. I use
it multiple times a day. Did I mention it is free? I think it is
Windows only, but not sure.

Anyway, it allows you to quickly and easily capture any portion of
your computer screen (as a PNG) and before you save it, you have the
option to add text balloons, arrows, ect. which is very handy. I used
it just a moment ago to check to see how a Square Crop of Frank's fair
booth photo would look. Just drew a square right on the screen while I
was looking at Frank's full size image.

Anyway, I hope someone finds it useful.

--
Photographers must learn not to be ashamed to have their photographs
look like photographs.