On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Attila Boros <attila.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the update! The more I look at this lens, the more tempting it is.

I agree. It seems like a relatively inexpensive way of achieving the
full frame DOF look at least for 1.5x those focal lengths.
The weight is, of course, the price you pay for the combination of
zoom and fast aperture.
If weight bothers you and you can afford it, go with smaller lighter
primes (Limiteds).

But I am impressed by the reviews I'm reading. And this lens could
make my DA 16-45mm and Sigma EX 31mm f1.8 expendable (except I would
worry about zoom creep when using the 18-35mm with astrophotography,
which you don't have to worry about with a prime.) I have to admit
that when I first heard about this lens I assumed it would be close to
twice the price that it IS.