>So, who is this cheekygeek guy?

No one of consequence, I assure you. Just an ol' Nebraska boy who
schlubs around with Pentax equipment.
:)

Seriously, I have been on pins and needles since the "preliminary"
results named me the winner. The PentaxForums admin crew has been busy
implementing a new site design (which is a big improvement, IMHO) and
so making the official announcement got pushed back until this
morning. Those here on PDML that also voted for my images deserve a
great big thank you, as well.

I appreciate the congratulations from *everyone* here as well. Thank you!

I'm "chuffed to bits", to borrow a UK expression, to get my hands on
the K-3. I bought my K-5II not all that long ago (it is approaching
6000 shutter actuations) and until the price came down significantly I
was not in a position to purchase a K-3, so I tried not to look at it
too closely. That changed when the preliminary results were announced.
I read all the reviews on B&H and Amazon and people are almost
universally GUSHING about the K-3. I also downloaded and printed the
manual and have been perusing it.

I've seem that many people say that the transition from a K-5II will
be easy, but I'm especially interested to see and use the following
upgrades:
• The new AF mode (which many people say makes Birds in Flight [BIF]
much easier for Pentax users)
• The switchable AA filter (I, like many people, will probably keep it
switched off but I do like the fact that they made it a bracketable
feature also)
• How 24MP compares to my existing 16MP (and how good my existing
lenses are on that sort of resolution!)
• The multi-auto-white balance feature
• The improved video options (I have not taken much video in the past,
but with this tool at my disposal, that may change)
• The fact that the built-in intervalometer now goes to 2000 (rather
than just 999). My son-in-law is doing more and more time lapse and
I'd like to give that a try more often. The downside of time lapse is
that you can't use the camera for anything else while doing it, so
that would be an argument for keeping my K-5II - though probably not a
very good one. I also have a K-01.
• The two card slots and the 16GB Pentax FluCard

B&H is the provider of the K-3 body and the only K-3 body available on
their web site comes with a FREE BG-5 grip and the 16GB Pentax
FluCard. I use the grip almost all the time on my K-5II, so I was
going to miss that until I saw that it was included. I also would
probably not have ponied up a Franklin for the FluCard, but I'm sure
willing to give it a try if it is going to be given to me for free!

REALLY looking forward to next year's storm season now.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska