Mark,

Just in case, - I just saw that there is a $200 rebate for 3880,
and it is ending today, August 31.

I don't know how it is with Epson, - it might mean that there will be
yet a lower price or a different rebate in September...

But in any case, - it looks like B&H has that rebate, and their price
is lower than at other places: $1139, and the rebate is applicable.
(double check it yourself though.)

HTH,

Igor