On Sep 12, 2014, at 09:03 , Christine Aguila <christ...@caguila.com> wrote:

> Hi Eric:
> The Develop options are there to be used; it’s not cheating if you use them,
> but ultimately you should be looking to render your photos in a way that
> realizes the way you, the photographer, envisions the photo.  Even if you
> Auto Tone, you can scale back or up on the sliders to customize the Auto
> Tone.  Just start moving sliders around to see what you get.  This is one way
> to learn about the adjustments.

Is it just me?  Seems like any time I hit the "auto tone" button, the first
thing I have to do is back off the exposure by a stop or two.  Auto tone
seriously blasts the levels way too high almost every time I use it.  It seems
to get the relationships between highlights/shadows/etc pretty well, but the
overall exposure - no good.

That being said, I've used it a few times to get a photo to a "starting point"
when I'm not sure where to begin - but seriously, each time I click auto-tone I
have to jump for the exposure slider to bring things back to reality.

Is there some way that I can fine-tune what auto-tone does?  Does it have
anything to do with the fact that I shoot RAW?

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN