I think it is somewhat amusing (but not) when we think that mankind
has everything under control and is at the height of their
technological and scientific prowess.

9/11 was one of those slackjawed days, as we watched two of the
tallest architectural achievements of mankind collapse to the ground
under a pretty low-tech attack, with so many innocent people inside
them. Another slackjaw day for me was watching on radar as Category
Katrina took dead aim at New Orleans and realizing that we were
looking at the real possibility of the destruction of an American
metro area. Yep. More or less.

And now, I'm slackjawed at the Ebola outbreak in Africa. The game is
over, people. This is going to kill hundreds of thousands of people
(at a minimum) before it is all said and done. And, if either of the
two strains currently going at it in Africa, mutates to be
air-transmissible we are looking at a world wide pandemic. Mankind has
no central authority to manage resources to fight a disaster like this
one. Ebola is currently killing at a rate of 80-85%. Male SURVIVORS of
Ebola are spreading the contagion through their semen for AT LEAST 7
weeks after the date of their infection. It is hitting in the area of
the world least able to deal with it.

This guy is right on:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/12/opinion/what-were-afraid-to-say-about-ebola.html?_r=0

--
Photographers must learn not to be ashamed to have their photographs
look like photographs.