On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 6:31 PM, Ann Sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> Lovely light - I zoomed in and moved the borders around a bit on my monitor
> and for me the scene is more pleasing if cropped on the right and bottom so
> that the proportions are 7" x 15" ( 18 cm x 38 cm ). The
> rocks near the bridge being so bright are particularly distracting to me
> and the scene has a gentler more inviting look.  with the full reflection of
> the smaller trees, I don't think you need to see ALL of the larger one.

I was thinking about that because I want to print this, but haven't
decided on the format yet. I wanted to keep the reflection of the
larger tree, so I darkened those rocks... maybe not enough, but I
still have the mask saved in Photoshop and I could darken more, or
crop them.

> Cropping to a wider view also gives the building on
> the left a bit more importance and it balances nicely with the bridge
> on the far right. Give it a look - I think it takes the photo from
> "nice shot" to "stunning".

That's an interesting way to look at it, which I didn't observe
before. Thanks, Ann!

Attila