That's not CA that's sensor bloom. The lens itself exhibits almost no CA. Supposedly CMOS sensors have done away with blooming but I see it all the time in lens reviews, refereed to as CA, because well, CMOS sensors did away with bloom, but CA is almost always two color red/blue, bloom is purple or just plain white. Now I'm going into this because I'm really tired of seeing obvious sensor bloom in images and having it be miss identified as chromatic aberration, they are not the same thing. CA is caused by a lens defect, bloom can be exacerbated by having a high contrast lens with even a very good sensor. Neither of those things is a defect. The issue of removing the sensor bloom is another problem, I've never successfully been able to do that. If it's there I just live with it.

On 10/4/2014 12:46 PM, Darren Addy wrote:
Those are all wonderful shots and even better if the CA can be
removed.The purple outline of the white bird really jumps out at me.

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM, P.J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
Matrix Metering was what I used.

On 10/3/2014 11:14 PM, Jack Davis wrote:
I've noticed, Paul, that in recent years you've had better luck reducing
clipped whites.
I agree that matrix metering would help.

Jack

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Stenquist" <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
To: "PDML" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, October 3, 2014 4:44:02 PM
Subject: Re: PESO(s) I have but one Egret...

Odd. I use the full matrix metering on both the k-5 and k-3 when shooting
egrets, and I haven’t blown one out in recent years. Generally, white
objects will slightly underexpose because a dumb meter considers them
neutral. I’ve shot them both against a bright sky and against dark water and
shrubs. No blow outs. I don’t believe I used exposure comp on any of the
shots. I do shoot RAW and usually pull down highlights in conversion.

Paul