Mark Roberts wrote:

> I never thought
> about the possibility of digital imaging for x-rays. Now that is interesting.
> No more pinning those broken bones, just fix 'em with Photoshop!

I suspect it is the wave of the future.

About two years ago I had a root canal and the dentist had a digital
setup, where there was a monitor right on the instrument tray. He could
shoot the picture and see results immediately.

Had a chest x-ray at a hospital a couple of months back and it was done
digitally. The technician said they could make transparencies of the
images if needed for litigation and the like. So I suppose they could
use photoshop to cover up any mistakes in diagnosis. :)