On 2015-02-07 17:30 , knarf wrote:
http://knarfinthecity.blogspot.ca/2015/02/pond-hockey.html?m=1

that's a nice, simple, thought-inspiring picture; and good to see you back — saw it in your RSS feed first

Reminds me of my childhood.

reminds me too, though i was kinda bullied out of the ice hockey matches on ponds and on the Kennebec river, so instead i took up "ice hikey" - including a memorable ten-mile circumnavigation of Swan Island

your shot shows what in my locale was an atypical condition — the ice is thick, but not snow-covered; on the Kennebec this usually only occurred when a rare mid-winter rain would melt the snow, then refreeze; fantastic skating conditions would ensue