On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 9:31 PM, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, it is a 6x7 600mm f/4, but with the Q focal length multiplier...
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Excellent-PENTAX-TAKUMAR-600mm-F-4-w-Duralumin-Case-Japan-/191513740382
>
> Should be QUITE the birding lens.

I've tried my Q7 with my K 500mm f4.5 and M* 300mm f4. The 500 is just
not sharp enough to produce a decent image. The 300, though, does a
fine job. With the Q7's multiplier of 4.7 (it has a larger sensor than
the original Q and Q10), it works out to 1410mm, which is more than
enough for me.

The 500 works out to 2350mm, and for the curious, this is what my Q7
looks like mounted on it: http://imgur.com/a/3cuA4. I don't have any
photos made using this combination, but I do intend to produce some
one day, since people (mostly on Reddit) keep asking.

John