Well there is a difference between the Nikon D3200 specs also, and
they don't have shake reduction - so I doubt if that is the
explanation.
The "24.3 MP" Nikon D3200 ,which purportedly uses the same sensor and
has the exact same Image Size pixel dimensions as the K-3 (6,016 x
4,000), states:
24.2 effective pixels and
24.7 million total pixels (the exact same number as Pentax).

So I maintain that the "23.35" on the K-3 is a typo. Both the K-3 and
K-3 ii have shake reduction, so that doesn't really change the
equation (by exactly a megapixel)?

--
Life is too short to put up with bad bokeh.