Well in the second list, Cuba gets an A, Puerto Rico gets a B??? They are essentially the same flag with reversed colors. Liberia's flag which is a copy of the US flag get's a B the U.S. flag gets a C? Because it has too many stars??? So I guess plagiarism pays.

Flags are not pure design exercises, there are a lot of criteria that makes a flag good, and being easy for a 5 year old to draw isn't one of them. The Canadian flag is pretty good as flags go, and serves it's purpose admirably.