Have we decided that it's an Hibiscus coulteri?
Thanks again, Ann!

----- Original Message -----
From: "ann sanfedele" <ann...@nyc.rr.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:48:43 AM
Subject: Re: Peso-Anonymous(?)

Alan and Dan -
what Jack photo'ed is growing wild out west.. desert rose-mallow is a
common name in those parts for one (or some?) species of Hibiscusthat is
commonly found
in the southwest US-- however whenI looked it up by that name the photo
I saw didn't have such fat leaves...   so now I'm stumped.

http://blog.growingwithscience.com/2015/06/seed-of-the-week-desert-rosemallow/

ann