We went back last night. Most of my shooting was from setting up my Sigma 20/1.7 vertical, and shooting a 360 degree panorama. My very first shot after setting up and focusing my camera:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/20534425345/in/album-72157657118069972/

I eventually ran into issues with the lens fogging up and had to clean it a few times.

Just a few minutes later:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/19913518993/in/album-72157657118069972/

A panorama of the two:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/20359613400/in/album-72157657118154892/

I caught one in the milky way:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/20534636155/in/album-72157657118069972/

And shortly before I left, another in the milky way using my 8mm fisheye:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/19911788174/in/album-72157657118069972/

I really wish that Lightroom let me select areas of individual frames that I specifically do (or do not) want in a panorama, but here are some more panos that I've stitched in lightroom:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157657118154892

I'm adding everything of any interest to this flickr album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157657118069972

Including the panos in the previous album.

Larry Colen wrote:
It seems as if the Perseids will be in full swing this week. Does anyone
have any advice borne of experience for photographing them?

I suspect that a lot of short exposures will have the advantage of
running at a higher ISO and making it easier to capture a dimmer
transient event. Then there is the question of darkfield frames.

Astrotracer or not? Optimal focal length?

--
Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)