I've scanned many, many slides over the years using all manner of different
setups. Each has its pluses and minuses.

I worry about using older bellows units with DSLRs because of dust. Bellows are
great at capturing dust in their many nooks and crannies.

One of the more successful copy setups I've used is a micro-fourthirds camera
fitted with ZD35mm macro lens and a Nikon ES-1 slide copying attachment. A 35mm
frame is captured at about 1:3 and you can let the AF work for each frame,
making for very crisp results.

The same ES-1 fitted to a Micro-Nikkor 55mm mounted on Sony A7, Nikon D750, or
Leica M-P also nets excellent results, with more pixels. But you have to
manually focus, and carefully.

A Spiratone Vario-Dupliscope does the same and allows you to do some cropping.

But by and large, I have done most of my slide capture with a Nikon Super
Coolscan 9000 which I set up to scan in batches of six at a time. It's the
slowest process that takes the most work, but returns the best quality and
consistency.

Godfrey