> On Sep 26, 2015, at 5:00 PM, Rick Womer <rickpic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Eric, it looks as though you played with the highlights and shadows sliders,
> too. Very nice pics, very atmospheric.

Yes, I did, Rick. I especially found moving the shadows and blacks sliders
around to be helpful.

> What was the event?

Well, I was there for two weeks, but I went for a wedding—of an English guy and
an Australian guy. The English guy is my nephew. (You may remember my talking
about discovering a sister six years ago I hadn't  known about.) The wedding
was three days. I spent a couple days in Rome, then did the last six days of a
bike tour that got underway the day of the wedding. In addition to the history
and culture of the area, the bike tour was focused on the cuisine of the area
and sustainable agriculture in it. All this was in Salento, the bottom third of
the province of Puglia, the far south of Italy.

I had a wonderful time. Being with family who are familiar with the region and
doing the bike tour were very helpful in getting to know the place. One of the
places that was special for me on the bike tour was Le Costantine Fondazione.
Among other things, it supports women in weaving beautiful fabrics on ancient
looms. Their website is at <http://www.lecostantine.eu/#cover-story>. There's
some wonderful photography on it. I also discovered a music—pizzica—that I’d
never heard of before and can’t get enough of.

That’s to say nothing of the food. And the people. I loved them. I loved the
place. I want to go back. It’s affordable. And eminently, eminently
photographable. (But then what’s not?)

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"What does it mean...that the world is so beautiful?"

- Mary Oliver