I don't see what you're talking about on my phone. And if I did see it I
wouldn't have an answer as to what it is.

I do like the shot a lot, though.

My turn to be reminded of something:

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/photographs/henri-cartier-bresson-dans-un-train-roumanie-1975-5494182-details.aspx

Cheers,

frank

On November 8, 2015 5:25:32 PM EST, Bob W-PDML <p...@web-options.com> wrote:
>I went with some friends to the Lee Miller exhibition at the Imperial
>War Museum today - it's a superb exhibition and I recommend it very
>highly.
>
>I took my Fuji X20 with me because one of my friends has one on my
>recommendation but couldn't figure out how to set it to black & white
>only, which is all she's interested in shooting. So before going I set
>mine up - I normally shoot raw - so I would know what to do, and would
>look like I knew what I was doing.
>
>I took some snaps to see how it all plays out. This is one of them, and
>I have a question about it.
>
>http://www.web-options.com/IWM.jpg
>
>If you enlarge it to its full size the 'grain', for want of a better
>term, is very blobby as if I'd shot it through rippled bathroom glass.
>I don't think this is noise - the iso was 200 - but it's pretty ugly.
>I've never noticed anything like this when rendering in b&w from raw.
>
>Is this normal for in-camera b&w jpg?
>
>Whether it's normal or not, what is the cause?
>
>Ta,

"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept." -- Henri Cartier-Bresson