Jonathan wrote:

>#1)I was inspired to save up and hold out (look
>harder?) for a Pentax K18/3.5 until I learned its true
>focal length of 19mm.

Where did you learn that? Mine seem awfully wide....

>Can it take the Cokin P system without vignetting?

The 18/3.5 can take it if you're careful with the alignment of the filter
holder. If you cut the two outermost filter slots it should be no problem.

>#4)Speaking of f22, does anyone know how the A20/2.8
>does at this aperture? Stan's lens comment site
>indicates the K18/3.5 is poor in this respect.

The 18/3.5 isn't really that poor (you should have seen the results with my
FA645 45/2.8 - that's poor). It suffers from soft corners at F:22. I have
not used the 20mm lenses but I doubt that you will find any super wide
angle that's not so-so at F:22 due to diffraction.

Anyway, I recommend the 18/3.5. It is not that good wide open but it is
excellent at mid apertures. A drawback for some will be the very warm color
rendition.

>As you can probably tell, I'm leaning toward aquiring
>a 15mm ~and~ a 20mm to cover the ultra-wide range. I
>don't really want to do this, but it seems I have
>little choice. There dosen't seem to be a decent
>quality "in between" lens that can take the place of
>both.

Well, I think the 18/3.5 qualifies...

Pål