Jonathan Donald wrote: ....
>The 18/3.5 isn't really that poor… Anyway, I
recommend the 18/3.5. A drawback for some will be the
very warm color rendition.

Is it possible that this is a sample variation? Have
other owners noticed this? One poster on Stan’s lens
comment site said it was identical to his K20/4 in
respect to color rendition with the skylight filter
selected (or maybe the K20/4 is warm too?). At any
rate, I don’t think the warm cast would bother me
much

Many wide angle pentaxes seem to give a quite warmish
color impression on slide film. I have the 18mm lens;
and yes, it produces quite warmish colors, but I do
not find it's colors much warmisher than those of the
FA*24/2 or the A35/2 (guess you would not notice a
difference in a slide show). The images produced by
the 18-er are very contrasty. The weak point is: wide
open, particularly at shorter distances there is a
distinct lack of sharpness at the edges of the image.
I would recommend the the 18-er.
Enjoy,
Alexander
http://health.yahoo.com