On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 9:16 AM, P.J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:

> They could have tried to guess my password, it wouldn't be impossible, as I
> believe a weak password you remember is better than a strong password that
> you have written down where it can be found.

Bad assumption. The number of folks who have access to the Post-it
notes you stuck to the bottom of your keyboard at home is very
limited. But a server-farm of hacked PCs running 24x7 can crack easy
passwords in seconds, anywhere on the net.

> So now I've changed it to
> something that's not easily guessed.  I just hope I don't forget it.

If you easily forget passwords -- who doesn't? -- get one of those
apps like 1password that keep them safe for you.

--
-bmw