Not a lot different to the rest of you - other than Bob... We really
must be an 'old farts' list!

We watched The Big Bash (20/20 cricket) from Adelaide - great fun, even
if the Sydney team lost - then stayed up to midnight to watch (again on
TV) several million dollars go up in smoke (the Sydney fireworks).

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia
http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/

On Sat, Jan 2, 2016, at 12:40 AM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
> Folks my age can't take much celebration.  We stayed home, had some
> good food, watched parts of "It's a Wonderful Life," tuned in the
> broadcast from Times Square for 15 minutes each side of midnight, and
> polished off a bottle of champagne between the two of us.
>
> It seems half the planet descended on Times Square.  What is amazing
> is that it is an entirely alcohol-free zone.
>
> I understand that in Britain the celebrations of more restrained,
> cultured and refined:
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/12077199/A-heavy-night-New-Years-Eve-revellers-in-pictures.html
>
> Dan Matyola
> http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/danieljmatyola