This is going to seem bad, but the *ist-D is now over 10 years old.
Heck I bet that the last one manufactured was probably produced in 2004 and that production run was sold until they ran out in 2006.

Last time I saw a *ist-D for sale at KEH it went for less than $90.00 in EX condition.

Parts are probably made out of unobtainium at this point, and since one can probably sell their *ist-D for ~90 dollars that's what the battery door is worth.

I think you have two viable options. Haunt E-bay and KEH waiting for one to show up to steal the battery cover from, (or replace the entire camera with the new/old *ist-D), or replace it with a newer camera.

The K-50 is still being sold new and it's just shy of being a K-5II, with a better viewfinder than the *ist-D and at it's current new price it's practically being given away.