I preface this by saying that if I had to choose between a company
that had crappy marketing and superb engineering vs a company that had
superb marketing and crappy engineering I would certainly take the
former... but I continue to be amazed at how poor the Ricoh/Pentax
marketing is. Case in point:

Here is a page with 4 Limited lenses. Take a look at the Sample Images
shown for each of the 4 lenses:
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/lens_cmp2/page04.html
(the link goes to the 70mm f/2.4, but you can change the URL to
page03, page02, page01 (or simply click the link for the other lenses
on the page). All are uniformly BLAH.

A better way to judge what a lens can do is to go to the Pentax Photo
Gallery and click the "Cameras and Lenses" link in the upper right
hand corner. Select the lens you want to look at (ignore the cameras,
unless you want to limit your search to a particular body) and click
the GO button.

The images of the lenses themselves on the page are gorgeous. The
sample images? Not so much.

--
Life is too short to put up with bad bokeh.