I have a friend who is serious/knowledgeable about photography (knows her aperture from a hole in the ground), but who is also rather financially challenged. I recently realized that her camera (EOS 40D) is getting old enough that it should be possible to get here a fairly significant performance upgrade without spending lots and lots of money.

However, I know almost nothing about the Canon lineup. Does anyone have any recommendations for Canon SLRs, probably used, that offer exceptional performance for the cost?

For example, a 40D seems to go on KEH for $160-210, so my guess is that something in the $300-400 range might give her a significant boost in performance. I just have no idea which bodies are considered winners and which ones generally suck.

--
Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)