thanks to all who commented.  Bulent - I agree a little more on top
would have been good.  Content aware fill in Photoshop might fix that!
 The background is uniform-enough for that I think.

Amazing what a 30+ year old lens (A*200/2.8) can do - Ken Rockwell
will never appreciate that I guess!

Alastair