Hope there are some flickr savvy folks here who could help me explain
something...

A week ago I posted 16 images at Flickr to share with local photographers; we
have just submitted a number of entries to an Austrian photo competition
together, and use flickr to excange info on our selections.

Then, much to my surprise, comments and views on one particular image poured in
like I've never seen before. It got almost 4000 "favourite" clicks before
attention waned. That's one order of magnitude above any other image I've ever
posted there. None of the other pics in that album received any attention at
all.

I really don't know much about the dynamics of the flickr site, but somehow
that particular image must have been picked up and given some extra exposure.
Any ideas what could have caused such a sudden blip of attention?

Will post the image later.

Jostein