John wrote:
On 3/8/2016 3:13 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

John wrote:
On 3/8/2016 1:41 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

No doubt, they do great work. There is a lot to recommend them, but we
are talking about a website where the User Interface would have been
considered clunky in the last century, and which has serious security
flaws.

Is it a problem with Bay Photo's ROES software or is that characteristic
of all ROES software?

I don't know other ROES software. Apart from Bay being high quality,
they are also the local shop, and I like to support local businesses.

ROES is a photolab management program (or suite?) from SoftWorks
Systems. Many labs besides Bay Photo use the ROES system.

http://www.softworkssystems.com/

I don't know if SoftWorks does individual customizations for the
different labs that use ROES, including password parameters.

That was the question. Did Bay Photo decide what characters were
acceptable in passwords or is it the same for all Photolabs using ROES?

It is likely the same for all software. Here is the email I got from Bay this morning....

MAR 09, 2016  |  12:24PM PST
Beth replied:

Hi Larry,

The passwords are handled by our third party software. Thank you for the information and we will forward your concern to them.

Thank you,
Beth Ziolkowski
Bay Photo Lab
www.bayphoto.com