I certainly understand the pain of losing a favorite tree.

We had a Kwanzan Cherry that was in our back yard when we purchased
our current home.  It was spectacular ever spring.  about 6 years ago,
it started to look tired, and 4 years ago it died.  We replace it
three years ago with a similar specimen, and it is just starting to
show the kind of beauty that the old one had.

Lat year we lost one of my treasured dogwoods.  I plan to replace it
in a week or so,  I still have four mature dogwoods on the property,
but I miss the one we lost.

Dan Matyola

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 10:21 AM, ann sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> Looks like it already has fallen on the roof, acctually
> Alan - to emphasize the sadness of the loss - how about shooting the photo
> against a stormy sky?
> The photo as it is looks rather too happy
>
> ann
>

> On 4/14/2016 9:06 AM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
>>
>> Sad indeed.  I would remove the tree, however, out of fear that it
>> might fall and damage the roof.
>>
>> Dan Matyola
>> http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/danieljmatyola
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 5:21 AM, Alan C <c...@lantic.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> This huge Soetdoring (Sweet Thorn - Acacia Karroo) which has been shading
>>> the west end of our house for over 40 years has finally succumbed to the
>>> drought. There is another large branch out of photo to the right. We have
>>> decided to allow the wood borers to do their thing on the soft, light
>>> wood
>>> so the branches can be pulled off over a period. The tree must be at
>>> least
>>> 60 years old because it was already there when the house was built in