I bought a 9.7" iPad Air last fall primarily for tethering to my
camera during shooting. I also use it for browsing the web and social
services at home or coffee shops via WiFi.

I chose the base 16 Gig unit as I didn't (and don't) plan on storing
anything on it. I don't try to use it for processing images as it's
hopelessly underpowered and would just frustrate me.

It's a portable screen and viewing device, nothing more. It works great.

--
-bmw