My own impression is that status quo ante is not feasible, and that saddens me.
I thought the EU was a good thing and without the British to keep it within
reasonable bounds, it is likely to spiral out of control. On the other hand, if
I were a British citizen, I would have been harboring a long term resentment
about the abolition of the British Pint of Ale in favor of some mandated
nonsensical metric abomination and I would probably have voted to Leave just
because of that one among many examples of bureaucratic overreach. I wish all
of you on both sides of the Channel the best of luck as you try to come to a
new working relationship.

stan